This is a good news for Apple iPhone 4 owners with iOS 7.1 or 7.1.1 comes from the developer of Geeksn0w download tool (@blackqeektuto). Today he has released it’s updated version of Geeksn0w jailbreak which allows you to perform a semi-untethered jailbreak on your iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.1 installed.
Caution : This is only a jailbreak for the iPhone 4 and you will need Windows to perform this jailbreak.
To convert any existing iOS 7.1 tethered JB into semi-untethered quite simple by just adding this repo – geekrepo.beiphone.it and download GeekSn0w semi-untethered payload.
GeekSn0w 2.9 jailbreak is as easy as it can be. The tool is now available for both Windows and Mac OS. The latest release of GeeksnOw 2.9 has been released few days ago and is now available as direct download (GeekSn0w 2.9)
Before continuing further with this semi-untethered jailbreak, ensure that you have following necessary items
- An iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.1
- The latest Java Development Kit – required
- .Net framework from Microsoft – necessary
- Apple’s latest version of iTunes – strongly advised for iOS 7.1.1
- 7.1.1 IPSW – to restore your iPhone 4 if it isn’t on the latest firmware
How to Jailbreak iOS 7.1.1 Semi-Untetheredly using GeekSn0w
- In addition to Download GeekSn0w for Jailbreak iOS 7.1.1 all of the necessary files in our download section, which is listed below, to ensure that you’ve obtained genuine software.
- Upon the successful installation of JDK(Java Development Kit), right click the GeekSn0w exe. file and give the programme administrative privilege by clicking “Run as administrator”.
- Connect your GSM or CDMA iPhone 4 to your computer via Apple’s standard 30-pin USB cable and enter DFU mode by holding both the home and power buttons for a total of ten seconds. Once ten seconds has passed, release the power button and continue holding the home button for an additional ten seconds.
- Inside GeekSn0w‘s interface, click the Jailbreak button and refer to the status given by GeekSn0w.
- Leave your iPhone connected and enter DFU mode for a second time when prompted to; refer to the third step if you require further assistance for entering DFU mode.
- After iPhone 4 reboots, the process executed by the Geeksn0w tool will force the iPhone to auto-boot after roughly two minutes, requiring you to enter DFU mode again (refer to the third step for further assistance).
- Once the third reboot has finished, the iPhone 4 should display a welcome sight, cydia. however, your device won’t be fully usable until it restrings after reorganizing the filesystem.
After completing only seven simple and easy-to-interpret step, you’ve successfully jailbroken your iPhone 4 running on iOS 7.1.1
Video tutorial for those who need visual assistance to perform Geeksn0w Jailbreak.
Reminder : as stated in the opening paragraphs of this iOS 7.1 Jailbreak tutorial, to regain full functionality of your iPhone 4, you’ll be required to boot your device tethered with GeekSn0w after every reboot.
Special credits – blackgeektuto (Developer of GeekSn0w)