Since iOS 8.0.1 update which released last week has triggered numerous issues such as, crashed cellular connectivity and non-functional Touch ID, Apple has to released iOS 8.0.2 IPSW update as quickly as possible. So Apple has released iOS 8.0.2 IPSW update to fix major issues begun with iOS 8.0.1 update and to fix other bugs in original iOS 8.
This update is made available as an over-the-air download
This iOS 8.0.2 update contains improvements and bug fixes as follows;
- It fixes the issue in iOS 8.0.1 which crashed cellular connection and Touch ID on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- It fixes the bug in HealthKit, and now HealthKit apps can be made available on App Store
- It tackles the issue where, third party keyboards might become inactive once a user enters their passcode on iPhone.
- It fixes the issue which blocked some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library in iPhone
- It enhances the consistency of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus
- It fixes the issue that might result unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS or MMS messages
- It comes with improved support to Ask To Buy for In-App Purchases that required in family sharing.
- It fixes an issue where ringtones were occasionally not restored from iCloud backups
- It fixes a bug which prevented photos and videos from Safari
Apple had to issue an official apology accompanied by the iOS 8.0.2 IPSW update. Simply follow the steps given below to update your device to iOS 8.0.2 using iTunes;
- Click on the link below which relevant to your iOS Device. Then download and save the IPSW.
- Then connect your device to the PC and open iTunes
- Then press SHIFT key (for Windows) or OPTION key (for Mac) on your keyboard. Then click Updatein iTunes
- Select the IPSW and click on it. Then iTunes will update your iOS Device.