Today a new jailbreak tool for iOS 8.1.1 has been released by Chinese hacker team called Taig. They said this tool can be used to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1. and iOS 8.2 beta version. Since this was released today not much comments from the iOS device users so far. But, MuscleNerd from Evad3rs team has confirmed the launch of this jailbreak tool. He stated that it seems Taig team just launched a jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 and advise users to wait few days just in case.
So it is better to wait few days for Jailbreaking.This Taig jailbreak is compatible with iOS 8.0, iOS 8.0.1, iOS 8.0.2, iOS 8.1, iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 (beta version).And also this is compatible with iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, iPad 2, 3, 4, iPad Air, Air 2, iPad mini 1, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPod touch 5th generation.
- Lock screen passcode and Touch ID should be turned off. (Settings – Generel –Touch ID & Passcode — turn off).“Find My iPhone” feature also should be turned off. (Settings – iCloud — “Find My iPhone”)
- Update to iOS 8.1.1 via iTunes. If you have updated by over-the-air (OTA) method, jailbreak might fail. So it is better to restore with iOS 8.1.1.
- You should take a backup of your device using iCloud or iTunes, to prevent data/information losses.
- To jailbreak iOS 8.1.1,simply download TaiG jailbreak.
- Your iOS device should be connected using a USB cable.
- Then run TaiG tool.
- Remember to uncheck the second option underneath the Cydia. It will stop the installing Taig App Store on your iOS device.
- Then click on the green button to launch the jailbreak process.
Since this process might take certain time for jailbreak, you have to wait until the jailbreaking process is over. During the jailbreaking process you should not disconnect your device. When the jailbreaking is completed, you will see Cydia icon on Home screen of your device.
Once jailbreaking is completed you can download any jailbreak tweak for iOS 8, iOS 8.1.1 etc. on to your device.