Pangu has released a jailbreak for iOS 8 and iOS 8.1 and it is an untethered jailbreak. This is the only jailbreak available for iOS 8 or iOS 8.1 so far. This is still available in Chinese and Pangu has confirmed that they will release English version as soon as possible. And also this is the Windows version and the Mac version is on the way.
This iOS 8 – 8.1 jailbreak is compatible with following iOS devices:
- iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4 and iPad Air
- 1st generation iPad mini and Retina iPad mini
- 5th generation iPod touch
Once you’ve upgraded to iOS 8.1, then you can jailbreak your iOS device simply following steps given below.
1. First of all you have to do a system restore of iOS 8.1 on your iOS device using iTunes.
2. Disable “Find My iPhone” feature on your iOS device. (Go to Settings, select iCloud, disable the “Find My iPhone” ).
3. Disable the “Passcode Lock” on your iOS device. (Go to Settings, select Passcode, and disable it)
4. Install the latest version of 4. iTunes on your Windows PC. Make sure that the iTunes identifies your iOS device when you connect it to the PC.
5. Download the Pangu tool and select the save location as desktop.
6. Right click on the Pangu tool on your desktop and select “Run as administrator”.
7. Remember to uncheck the box on the Pangu tool. It will stop installing necessary software on your iOS device.
8. Wait a moment. Then Pangu tool will identify the connected iOS device and click on the blue jailbreak button.
9. Then let the jailbreak process complete.
10. Once it is completed, launch the Pangu app on your iOS device.
How to install Cydia…?
Still Cydia has not been incorporated with the Pangu jailbreak. So you have to separately install the Cydia using these steps.
1. You have to jailbreak your device. Then install OpenSSH using Pangu.
2. CyberDuck SFTP client has to download onto your device and install it.
3. Run the CyberDuck and give the IP address of your device. If you do not know your device’s IP address, you can find it by going to settings, then select “Wi-Fi” and select “i”.
4. The Cydia apps can now be downloaded via CyberDuck.
5. Once the CyberDuck is open, Click on “Go“ — >>> select ”Send Command” —- >>> and paste this command “dpkg –install cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb” —— >>> click on “Send Command”.
6. Click on “Go“ —— >>> select ”Send Command” —— >>> type “reboot” —— >>> click on “Send Command”.
7. Your device will reboot again and you will see the Cydia icon. So enjoy now.
Jailbreak iOS 7.1.2,iOS 7.1.1,iOS 7.1