Finally the sweet news has come!The Pangu team has released the very first iOS 8 -iOS 8.1 jailbreak and defeated the Evad3rs team. The new iOS 8 – 8.1 jailbreak is compatible with all iOS devices which are running iOS 8 or iOS 8.1.The latest iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have been released in last month. Apple introduced the iOS 8 also along with them. After that, time to time Apple has released few updates for its latest iOS. Such as, iOS 8.0.1, iOS 8.0.2 and the latest one is iOS 8.1.After the introduction of the iOS 8, many iOS device owners are waiting for a jailbreak tool.
Supported iOS devices for iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 jailbreak;
- iPhone 4S,
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini
- iPad Mini 2
- iPod Touch 5
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
iOS 8 has been released on 19th September 2014. Only it took one month for the Chinese Pangu team to release the first ever iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 jailbreaking tool. And also this is the first ever jailbreak tool for the latest iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. This jailbreaking tool is only available for Windows at the moment. But, do not worry, Pangu will release the Mac version is released as soon as possible.
Pangu Jailbreak – Cydia
Now you can download the new iOS 8 jailbreak to your device. But at the moment you will not get Cydia. So, somebody might say this jailbreak is useless. Cydia is still not compatible with latest iOS 8 – iOS 8.1. So this jailbreak also not brings the Cydia to your device. Once Cydia is made compatible with IOS 8 and iOS 8.1, you will be able to download Cydia
It appears that this iOS 8 jailbreak is only for developers. Yes, it’s true in a way. The idea behind this is, made apps and tweaks suited for Cydia, when it is made compatible with iOS 8 – 8.1.
If you are decided to install this iOS 8 jailbreak, Pangu has these advices specially for you.
Pangu iOS 8 Jailbreak advices
- Back up your iOS device with iTunes or iCloud.
- Remove the passcode lock of your iOS device. Then Find My iPhone feature has to be disabled, until the jailbreak finished.
- Upgrade your iOS device to iOS 8.1. But remember, DO NOT use the over-the-air (OTA) method for upgrade your iOS device. Otherwise upgrade might fail.
- Since, the Pangu jailbreak writes the files to your system directory, sometimes you will get a message as “your storage capacity is full”. Do not worry and just ignore it. You can move these files, when Cydia is made compatible with iOS 8.
- You cannot use AFC2 plugins at present. Because Apple has modified the core iOS system.
- DO NOT delete this file – “com.apple.mobile.softwareupdated.plist”. If you delete this file system failure is inevitable.
- There is a possibility to fail the jailbreak. In such situation, you should turn off Wi-Fi, then enable Airplane mode and try again.
A step-by-step tutorial on Pangu iOS 8 jailbreak will make available on this site without any delay.