The Pangu 1.2.1 untether jailbreaking tool for jailbreak iOS 8.1 & jailbreak iOS 8 has been recently released by the Pangu team. When the iOS devices restore from backups, some boot loop issues occurs and this is a bug-fixing update to tackle them. This is also bundle with the latest Cydia 1.1.16 update released by Saurik.The Pangu 1.2.1 untether update maintains the Cydia and English support as the earlier PanGu jailbreak iOS 8 releases and still the installation support is only for Windows.
The Pangu team said that they will release PanGu jailbreak iOS 8 and PanGu jailbreak iOS 8.1 Mac version very soon. Until that any Mac PC owner can jailbreak iOS 8 & iOS 8.1 devices via Windows Virtual Machine.
Compatible devices for the Pangu 1.2.1 untether
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5g
Important links – download panGu
Jailbreak iOS 8 .x using Pangu v1.2.1 for Windows with following steps
- First of all download Pangu 1.2.1 and save it on desktop.
- You MUST have installed the latest version of iTunes (v12.0.1) on your iOS device.
- Then right-click on Pangu exe and select “Run as administrator” option.
- Pangu will detect your iOS device. Remember to uncheck the box to avoid “bloatware” installation.
- Click on the blue jailbreak button and wait until the jailbreak process completed.
- Pangu app can be seen on the Home screen, and you can install Cydia and install the necessary updates when asked.
Jailbreak iOS 8.x with Pangu 1.2.1 on Mac OS X using Virtual Machine
- Download and install the 14 day trial version of “Parallels Desktop 10”.
- Then download 90 day free trial of “Windows 8.1 Enterprise evaluation version”.
- Now you can install “Windows 8.1 with Parallels Desktop 10” on your Mac PC as follows:
- Launch “Parallels app” and then go to “File” and select “New”.
- Click on “install Windows from DVD or Image file”.
- Select the just downloaded “Windows .ISO” file and initiate the jailbreaking process.
- When “Windows 8.1 virtual machine” is up and running on your Mac, then install the “Parallels Tools”. (Go to “Action” and select “Install Parallels Tools”.)
- Follow the steps given above to jailbreak your iOS device.