The Pangu team has released a supper jailbreak tool to jailbreak iOS 8.0. and jailbreak iOS 8.1 for Mac. When the Pangu team released the first ever jailbreaking tool for jailbreak iOS 8, it was only for Windows. So at that time, Mac usesrs have to jailbreak iOS 8.1 devices using a Virtual Machine. So now they are relieved to do so. Now Mac users can directly jailbreak their iOS devices with PanGu8. So, let’s see how to jailbreak iOS 8.1 using pangu 8 for mac version.
List of compatible devices for Pangu 8 for Mac:
- iPhone 6,
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 1st generation
- iPod touch 5th generation
It could be assumed that all the bug fixes and performance enhancements that have been released recently is being added to the Pangu8 v1.0.0 for Mac. And especially it also bundled with the latest version of Cydia v1.1.16. Saurik has also confirmed that the iOS8.0.x-8.1 jailbreak tool is now stable enough for jailbreaking. With the recent beta release of iOS 8.1.1, which rumored to kill Pangu iOS 8.0 jailbreak, it is better to jailbreak your iOS device right now or update it to iOS 8.1 as soon as possible.
Important points before jailbreak iOS 8.1 – Pangu 8 for Mac
- Take a backup of your iOS device using iTunes. This is for having an escape plan.
- These steps are for Mac users. However steps for Windows users also alike.
Let’s see How to Jailbreak iOS 8.0.x–8.1 using Pangu on Mac.
- First of all download the latest version of Pangu jailbreak tool. (Download from here).
- Your iOS device should be connected to your PC via a USB cable.
- Then disable “Passcode” (go to “Settings” —– >> select “Touch ID & Passcode”) and “Find my iPhone” (from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone) and enable “Airplane” mode.
- You should right click on the “Pangu dmg” file. It will show you that this is an application which has been downloaded from the Internet, and asking you whether you want to open it. So click on the”Open” button to continue.
- After some times Pangu tool will detect your device then click on the blue “Start Jailbreak” button. If you have completed the things asked under step 3, then click on “Already Did” button to proceed.
- The jailbreaking process will be started and several messages will appear and the device will reboot several times. So just be patient.
- When jailbreaking is finished, it will tell you that the jailbreak succeeded. You will see Cydia icon on Home screen of your device.
- Once you jailbroken your iOS device successfully, then you should disable the “Airplane” mode and “Passcode” and “Find my iPhone” features should be re-enabled.
Sometimes jailbreaking will not be successful with devices that have been updated OTA method (over-the-air) to the latest iOS 8.0.x or iOS 8.1. In such instances, restore your iOS device with iTunes for a fresh install.
- Jailbreak iOS 8.1 iPhone,iPad,iPod using latest pangu 8 on Windows version